Thursday, April 16, 2015

Transition days 18.3.2015 and 19.3..2015

The morning of the 18th saw me travelling west again, but this time away from Norfolk altogether.  I stopped at various places en route but had nothing new or exciting.  I had my lunch parked up at the Wolferton Triangle but was not blessed with any views of Golden Pheasant, although I suspect 1300  hours is "the" worst time to even try!  Good views of  a young Fox wandering about on the road was some compensation.  Moved on to the Long Sutton area to overnight and sort a few things out in advance of the next phase of my travels.

I left Sutton Bridge early on the 19th and went straight through to South Yorks.  I had a good trawl around past favourite sites around Broomhead and Langsett gaining good views of Red Grouse in the process. Wandering around the woodland areas produced an array of the commoner species ( Treecreeper, Great Spotted Woodpecker, several Mistle Thrush ) but no crossbills. Things seemed to be so "behindhand" and , although the weather was fine, there was still an edge to the temperature and Spring still seemed a long way away.

Called in to see Matthew and Rose early evening before travelling north to reach Burton Services somewhat later than intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment